Purpose and Design
The Arkansas Leadership Academy’s (ALA) Executive Leader Empowerment (ELE) purpose is to provide growth opportunities for educational leaders in executive leaders in executive positions. ELE provides professional learning and sharing opportunities from both national subject matter experts and local Arkansas educators. Sessions focus on developing and nurturing a plan and process for executive leaders to impact and support a positive school culture, building principals, classroom teachers, classified staff, and instruction in the classroom.
ELE will include three, two-day onsite interactions, for a total of six days of content delivery and sharing.
Content and Focus
Participants of Executive Leader Empowerment will:
- Develop a deeper understanding of the professional practice of an executive leader
- Develop a better understanding of how to support and coach instructional leaders, teachers, and staff
- Understand the importance and their role in nurturing collective efficacy in their district/school
- Engage in leading and facilitating collaborative conversations on leadership
- Engage in discussions on practical school leadership
- Analyze and discuss leader and employee expectations
- Identify their own leadership strengths and understand how those strengths impact their leadership style
- Develop relationships and discuss education topics with state legislators and DESE staff
- Engage with experienced Arkansas school leaders on a variety of topics
- Gain a better understanding of how to build relationships with students, staff, board, and community
- Develop working relationships with other executive leaders