Assistant Principal Institute
Purpose: The Assistant Principal Institute offers learning experiences to increase the leadership capacity of the assistant principal and positively impact his/her school's learning environment and student achievement.
Participants: Participants are current assistant principals whose building principal is a graduate of Phase 1 or more of the Master Principal Program.
Objectives: The assistant principal, as a leadership team member will:
- use the organization's mission, vision, and beliefs to integrate administrative and instructional practices;
- lead transformational change efforts at the intersection of administrative and instructional practice;
- assist in the development, implementation, and evaluation of effective practices for teaching and learning for adults and students;
- model effective communication skills with all stakeholder groups;
- assist in the access, analysis, and use of data that results in improved student and adult performance; and
- assist in decision-making for the strategic use of resources (time, money, and people) to improve student and adult performance.
Features also include several online, interactive web conferencing experiences, other online resources, and a paperless work environment.
Length of Institute: Two residential learning experiences and several online, interactive web conferencing experiences
Location: The Winthrop Rockefeller Institute, Morrilton
Expenses: We have been able to fund this program partially, but it will require additional financial commitment on the part of the school or district. There is a $900 institute fee to help defray costs of materials and lodging.
Application: To apply for the Assistant Principal Institute, mail the application to the Arkansas Leadership Academy, 1 University of Arkansas, WAAX 300, Fayetteville, AR 72701 or fax to (479) 575-8663.
For any questions or additional information, please contact Diana Peer at 479-575-3030 or email@example.com.
Page last updated: 3/11/2015 8:35 AM